When your doctor recommends surgery, choose Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center. Our surgeons are both experienced and compassionate, and our surgical suites are equipped with state-of-the-art technology. That means we can handle even advanced surgical procedures.
Meet our surgery team
Our surgical services team is comprised of highly skilled surgeons, anesthesia providers, surgical nurses and technicians who have worked together for many years. Together, they perform a wide variety of routine and specialized surgical procedures. Our team is renowned for its expertise, focus and sensitivity toward its patients and their families.
Exceptional surgery suites
With five operating rooms and two endoscopy suites available for inpatient and outpatient procedures, we can handle a wide variety of both scheduled and emergency procedures. We offer open surgical techniques, which allow your surgeon to view an entire portion of your body during the surgery. We also offer laparoscopic surgeries, which allow us to use a very small incision to do a very large amount of work.
Our surgeons can perform specialty procedures to help address problems in your:
- Bones and joints. Our orthopedic surgery team can assist with bone breaks, joint replacement, arthritis surgery and other bone and joint issues.
- Ear, nose and throat. Our ENT surgeons can perform sinus surgery, septoplasty for deviated septum, and tumor removals.
- Eyes. Cataract surgery and glaucoma surgery are both available in our hospital.
- Gynecological system. Our surgeons can use both open and laparoscopic techniques to perform hysterectomies and other gynecological surgeries.
- Urological system. Diseases of the urinary tract are the focus of our urology surgery team.
Scheduling your surgery
You'll need to work with your doctor in order to put your surgery plan in motion. Your doctor might:
- Provide a diagnosis.
- Run imaging tests.
- Schedule laboratory tests.
- Write a referral for surgery.
You'll need to provide all of that information to our surgical team before you arrive for your surgery consultation. We'll review your options with you, and we'll explain how your surgery will work and how long your surgery recovery might take.
After your surgery, we'll check in with you to make sure you're healing up properly. And we'll communicate with your doctor about any tests we performed and medical results we obtained.
Surgical expertise you can trust
You're in good hands with the surgical team at Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center. If you need surgery, we hope you'll contact us and schedule an appointment. We look forward to helping you.