At Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center, we're devoted to improving the health of women of all ages. And our comprehensive suite of services ensures that you can get the help you need, when you need it, without leaving the community that you love.
Gynecology care across the life span
Women of all ages—beginning in the teen years—need regular gynecological care. Our experts in obstetrics and gynecology provide care for women throughout their lives. We offer:
- Well-woman exams. All women need regular exams as part of their reproductive healthcare. Some, though not all, of these checkups may include a Pap test to screen for cervical cancer or precancerous changes.
- Health counseling. Our experts can give you advice you can trust on important topics, such as HPV and other sexually transmitted infections. They can also help you deal with discomfort or other symptoms you're having. Here's a tip: Write down your most important questions to bring to your visit.
- Family planning. Our providers can advise you on the different birth control options available and what works best with your lifestyle. Thinking of having children? Let us help you plan a healthy pregnancy.
- Menopause guidance. Are you experiencing symptoms such as hot flashes? Your provider can help you understand menopause treatments to relieve your symptoms and the benefits versus risks.
- Care for common conditions. Our women's healthcare team can help with conditions that affect women of all ages—from heavy, painful menstrual periods to urinary incontinence that occurs when you laugh or sneeze.
- Minimally invasive gynecological treatments. At Claxton-Hepburn, we offer a variety of surgical treatment options, depending on your condition, including endometrial ablation and minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures. Your doctor will help you choose the safest and best option.
We also provide specialized women's services, including breast cancer screenings and treatment, mammography, and bone health screening.
Caring and accessible providers
Our highly trained women's healthcare team is made up of compassionate providers with a lot of experience. They're committed to ensuring the health of women in the community. They're also very approachable and want you to play an active role in your health. Our providers treat their patients the way they'd want their family members to be treated.
Get in touch
Our Women's Services are provided at Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center, Claxton Medical Women's Health Services and in Canton at Claxton-Hepburn Health Center.