Serving Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center with pride and commitment, the A. Barton Hepburn Hospital Auxiliary was created in 1951 by the Ogdensburg City Guild. The mission of the Auxiliary was to raise money for equipment and monetary contributions to the A. Barton Hepburn Hospital. Over the years, these devoted volunteers have worked tirelessly on fundraising events such as the annual Hollyberry sale, book fairs, uniform and jewelry sales, and many others. They currently host at least one fundraiser a month, usually more. They also manage the Medical Center's gift shop, which is located off the main lobby of the first floor.
In the 1980s, the Auxiliary became a part of A. Barton Hepburn Hospital. When the hospital changed its name to Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center, the Auxiliary followed by changing their name to mirror the Medical Center.
The original mission has always been the same—raise money to benefit Claxton-Hepburn. The Auxiliary's commitment to the Medical Center has been constant. Whether it be the gift shop or the numerous fundraisers they put on each year, they truly are dedicated to their mission. For many years, the Claxton-Hepburn Auxiliary was awarded the Hospital Association of New York State (HANY's) Auxiliary Advocacy Award. This award recognized auxiliaries that have committed significant time and effort to serving as advocates for their healthcare facilities and communities.
The Auxiliary has made numerous pledges to support the Medical Center, the Dr. Ravinder N. Agarwal Renal Center and the Richard E. Winter Cancer Center. As of January 2018, the Auxiliary has donated a total of $1.9 million in gifts and pledges. And our Auxiliary was the recipient of the 2016 HANYS Auxiliary of the Year Award.
The Auxiliary looks to the community for the continued dedication to Claxton-Hepburn. They are always looking for new Auxiliary members and welcome any and all who want to share in their commitment to support the Medical Center.
Download our membership application. If you have any questions, contact Ramona Kennedy at 315.393.1559. The cost for membership is $15 for active members and $25 for associate members. Active membership requires the completion of 25 volunteer hours per year.