The Claxton-Hepburn Wellness Center is licensed by the New York State Office of Mental Health to provide a broad range of services for children and adults, including:
- Psychiatric diagnostic assessment
- Psychiatric medication management
- Individual and group therapy
- Family therapy
- Health monitoring
- Emergency care
- Genetic testing for psychotropic medication management
- Care coordination
- Integration with primary care
- Coping skills training
Our professionally licensed staff uses a team approach to your care. They will work with you to create an individualized care plan that uses best practices and evidenced-based treatments.
Areas of Specialty
The Wellness Center offers expertise in helping people cope with life’s challenges to change their lives for the better.
- Depression and anxiety
- Anger management
- Life adjustment issues
- Chronic mental illness
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
How We're Different
We are unique in the North Country, offering services no other outpatient clinic can. Because of our comprehensive services, we are able to coordinate your care in one convenient location, including:
- 24/7 access to mental health specialists
- Inpatient mental health care
- Access to on-site ancillary medical services
- Non-physician referrals accepted
- ECT (Electroconvulsive Therapy)
Accessing our Care
Our Wellness Center team makes it easy for you to access our services. No physician referral is required. Same day crisis appointments are available and after-hours crisis care is available in Claxton-Hepburn’s Emergency Department. Walk-in appointments are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
We accept most third party insurances, including Medicare and Medicaid. If your insurance will not cover the cost of care or if you do not have insurance, our Patient Financial Counseling Office will work with you to establish a payment plan based upon individual needs on a sliding fee scale. No one will be denied services based on their ability to pay.
All services are confidential. Our Wellness Center follows all rules and regulations governing the confidentiality of our patients’ personal health information (PHI).