If you're experiencing chest pains, sudden dizziness or difficulty breathing, when in doubt—always call 911. Our emergency department serves more than 19,000 members of the community each year. When you’re facing an emergency, every second makes a difference, which is why we’re committed to bringing you quicker and more efficient care—closer to home.
At Claxton-Hepburn, our emergency and intensive care teams work hard to provide:
- Average wait times from patient arrival to intake under five minutes (while our goal is to always treat patients within this amount of time, average wait times may increase when treating critical patients or those with life-threatening conditions).
- Efficient, personalized treatment, with emergency stays averaging 7 percent shorter than the national standard.
- Coordinated communication between departments to provide you with quick, efficient diagnosis and treatment.
- 24/7 stroke care coverage with prompt and accurate diagnosis of stroke.
- Telemedicine partnership with Upstate University Hospital in Syracuse should you need immediate access to a stroke or trauma care specialist.
- 24/7 mental health evaluation for immediate psychiatric care.
- Compassionate and attentive emergency staff committed to providing you with exceptional care.
For non-life-threatening medical conditions or after-hours care, visit our Convenient Care Center.