Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center’s Safe Sitter Program has produced yet another life-saving star—Nicholas Demers. While dining out for lunch with his family and friends, Nicholas noticed that his younger brother William started to choke on a piece of food. At first, William was still able to move air, but it progressed to where there was little to no moving air. Nicholas immediately noticed this and performed the Heimlich maneuver clearing most of the obstruction from William’s throat. The two were also assisted by a pre-med student, and Ogdensburg native, Austin Morley-Sloan who was sitting nearby. When Nicholas was asked how he knew what to do, he attributed it to the Safe Sitter course he had taken in 2014 at Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center. Shown in the photo are William, the boy’s father, Jason Demers, RPh at Claxton-Hepburn, Nicholas, and Megan Murray, Safe Sitter instructor at Claxton-Hepburn. Your tomorrow is worth defending.