State-of-the-art diagnostic and monitoring equipment and an expert staff provide you with a full range of services from diagnosis, and treatment, through cardiac rehabilitation. The field of cardiology is changing rapidly and Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center strives to provide you with the best available care, using the latest technology and highly trained staff.
- Stress tests: A treadmill and sophisticated monitoring equipment determine a patient’s cardiac fitness.
- Cardiac nuclear medicine: Claxton-Hepburn's state-of-the-art SPECT (single photon emission computer tomography) cameras help to diagnose myocardial infarction (heart attack), coronary artery disease, and ischemic heart disease.
- Cardiac ultrasound: Capabilities include echocardiograms, doppler echoes, stress echoes, and transesophageal echocardiograms for the diagnosis of many kinds of heart conditions.
- EKGs: Provide more than 500 measurements of heart function.
- Holter monitoring: A small portable device can provide up to 36 hours of continuous recording to confirm ischemic episodes.
- Pacemaker checks: Follow-up evaluations ensure pacemakers’ performance in association with changes in heart rate, exertion, and metabolic need.
- EEGs: An electroencephalogram (EEG) is a test that measures the electrical activity in the brain, called brain waves. An EEG measures brain waves through small button electrodes that are placed on your scalp.
Bansi Bazaz, MD
Jamie Hynd, MD
Geetanjili Sangwan, MD
Carol Lytle, Manager